Thursday 13 February 2014

Making of the digipak

To create my digipak I had taken photos by looking at Katy Perry existing albums of hers. There were many influences behind my ideas for my digipak one of them were Katy Perry Prismatic Tour Poster and the photos from her tour.

This is Katy Perry's poster for her tour called 'Prismatic World Tour'. This was my first influence towards my digipak, the poster first influenced me because of the pastel colours used on it. I liked the way the poster has been made by the triangle with Katy Perry in the middle of it. This represents her album 'Prism' and her tour called 'Prismatic World Tour' all on the same poster which I found really clever.
Here is an advertisement of Katy Perry 'Prism' album which I found on the internet. What I liked about this is that is simple but effective at the same time. Once again there's a triangle with Katy Perry inside of it. Behind the triangle there seems to be a jungle this may represent that her album will be a new journey for her. The name behind the album is called 'Prism' this may represent the triangle used on the front of the album. 

Photos which I have seen on the internet that has inspired my ideas for my digipak are the photos from her 'Prismatic' tour.




I have used Photoshop to create my digipak for ' Prism', the measurements I used to create the first image on the album was 12.5cm x12.5cm this image is above. This image I had taken in school using one of the people in my group called Jodie as my model. In advance to this I had looked at the way Katy Perry poses before I had any taken photos, so I then knew what poses I wanted to Jodie to do for my digipak. I also looked at the way she dresses and the way her make up is like and I took this in too account for these photos. In school we have a photography club and my group organised a day were we used the room and set up our shoot for the photos to use for our digipaks. We used the white wall as the background for our photos, we also used lighting in the shoot. We all took our individual photos for our digipaks using Jodie as the model. 
This is my final finished digipak for the album 'Prism'. I have used Photoshop to create my digipak.Below is the descions  made while creating my digipak to the final digipak




This is a gif of the process of the making of my digipak cover.



This is the final piece for my finished product of my digipak.


This is a screen shot of the design making the digipak I am writing the lettering of Katy Perry down the side.
This is a screen shot of the  where i have put the tracklist on the back of the digipak. For this I have used spacefont.com for the name of the songs on the back. I have decided to use this type of font on the back of my digipak because it is simple compare to the rest of my digipak.          





This is where I first started the design making of my digipak. In advance I had already made a basic design for the front of my digipak using photo shop








For my digipak I looked at the colours used for Katy Perry's Album 'Prism' closely and decided to edit my digipak using the simular pastel colours which she has used on her album 'Prism'. On her album it has a faint rainbow effect over the top of it and that's what has influenced me to try and do it on my own digipak. Below are 2 different designs of my digipak using a rainbow effect over the top of them. 














I think that my rainbow effects on my digipak aren't as successful as Katy Perry's album so I decided to scrap the idea of the rainbow effect because I don't think it's quite effective.Instead of using the rainbow effect on my digipak I decided to only edit the writing on the logo of prism with only a slight rainbow effect as I think this looks so much better than the orginal idea. Below is my final finished digipak that I have made using photoshop.







For my track list on the back of my digipak I have looked existing ones that have influenced my own design of my digipak. I have looked at the back of Boys Like girls album 'The Great Escape'. I have also looked at Kylie's album because of the way the letter is separated and placed out for the track list on the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment